If you are unfamiliar with Pywikipediabot, please review Pywikipediabot for basic information and links to other references before attempting to address any of these issues.
Development wishlist for Pywikipediabot:
- Work any bug at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=93107&atid=603138
- Update pagegenerator.py to use api.php and cover the whole range of what is provided by api.php
- Work on making the parameters, especially the search parameters, for the various modules, standard, so that for example -titleregex works in all namespaces and for all modules.
- Make the pywikipediabot capable of dealing with wikisource pagespace, currently the decompose/compose function custom script at: en.ws:User:Inductiveload/InductiveBot_information, can do this but is not usable out of the box.
- Make a workable transwiki importer bot script, the current bot contains only a general framework
- Modify the main scripts to check for all relevant privileges, currently if a bot has rights that allow it to delete, but is not a "sysop", delete.py will fail, for example. The same is true for transwiki importer, the bot could have the importer right but would not be able to do this as the scripts would check for sysop privileges. There is a bug for this.