| This user account is a bot that uses the Python programming language and, more specifically, the PyWikipediaBot (PWB) framework, operated by Doug (talk). It is a legitimate alternative account, used to make repetitive automated or semi-automated edits that would be extremely tedious to do manually. The bot is approved and currently active.
Administrators: if this bot is malfunctioning or causing harm, please block it.
This is a bot for use on Botwiki, Wikilivres (a non-WMF multilingual auxiliary project to Wikisource taking advantage of Canadian copyright law), WMF projects, particularly multiple subdomains of Wikisource and Commons; it is also used on my private/test wiki.
- This bot is flagged on this project and on the multilingual wikisource, the English Wikisource, and the Latin Wikisource and Wikilivres. It has a pending application for a flag at the Wikimedia Commons.
- Name: User:DougBot
- Operator: Doug (talk)
- On Botwiki: Primarily for testing
- On Wikisource/Wikilivres: custom replace or add jobs on works that I'm editing such as basic formatting or adding a template across a work as well as running djvutext.py on works I'm about to edit. The bot is also be available for broader work when required such as replacing categories, but no work outside of individual works is planned.
- On Commons: Category maintenance and the migration of the information template to the book template for books.
- Scope: All Botwiki namespaces for testing. All multilingual, english, and latin wikisource and wikilivres namespaces but primarily pagespace; on Commons primarily in file namespace and category namespace.
- Language: Python
- Framework: Pywikipediabot
- Mode: Semi-Automatic/supervised.