@en|Welcome to Botwiki! @it|Benvenuto su Botwiki!</multilang>
<multilang> @en|Hello, Lar, and welcome to Botwiki, a wiki about bots for Wikimedia Foundation's Projects. @it|Ciao, Lar, e benvenuto su Botwiki, una wiki riguardante i bot per i progetti WMF. </multilang>
<multilang> @en|It's not a big project and we really appreciate your help. Here everything is far more simple then in WMF's wikis so be bold and don't worry too much. The official language is English but Italian is also widely used (far much then what we would like it to be, as we haven't ported to English everything). @it|Non e' un progetto grande, e apprezziamo molto il tuo aiuto. Qui tutto e' nettamente piu' semplificato che nelle wiki della WMF, quindi non preoccuparti particolarmente, modifica e via, senza tante complicazioni. Il linguaggio ufficiale è l'inglese, ma come vedrai l'italiano è ampiamente diffuso (ben piu' di quanto vorremmo, giacché tante pagine non sono state ancora tradotte in inglese). Tutte le pagine in italiano si trovano con l'indirizzo normale /it . Esempio: questo messaggio di benvenuto si trova Template:Welcome/it come in meta per capirci. </multilang>
<multilang> @en|Feel free to contact me if you need help. Also, there is the Administrator's noticeboard if you need help from a sysop. @it|Se hai bisogno di aiuto, contattami pure. Inoltre, esiste la Bacheca Amministratori se necessiti di una mano da parte di un sysop. Non farti problemi, domanda pure. </multilang>
<multilang> @en|Usually the users of this wiki are already experienced wikimedians, so we tend to automatically assume many things, so if something isn't clear, don't worry and ask! @it|Normalmente, gli utenti di questa wiki sono utenti già esperti di progetti wikimedia, quindi si danno per scontate tantissime cose, ma se qualcosa non e' chiaro, domanda pure!
<multilang> @en|Thank you and we hope you stay! @it|Grazie per il tempo dedicato a leggere questo messaggio e spero che tu rimanga con noi a lungo! </multilang>
- Hey, Lar, Welcome! --Fabexplosive 19:46, 20 October 2007 (UTC)
Sure! Actually there are so many python scripts because this was once called pywikipedia and it featured only python scripts. As you can see, the old logo is still here (Filnik wanted it to remain ;-)).
But of course Perl (and any other language or script) is very welcome :)
These are the actual namespaces:
- Mainspace - For the main page & tests
- Botwiki - Internal pages about this wiki itself
- Image - Images and downloads, both test and internal/documenting use
- MediaWiki - Internal pages modified by sysops
- Template - Both internal template and tests
- Help - Not very useful: it should be a documentation of the wiki itself, but since this wiki is aimed mainly at already experienced users, it's not that useful. I don't have any idea of how to fill it, but it created by the standard mediawiki.
- Category - Like wikipedia, both for tests (mainly, I would say) and internal use.
- Manual - I did created it as tutorials were put in the Botwiki: (Pywikipedia: at the time) namespace, which should have been only for internal use, like the Wikipedia: one in enwiki.
- Python/Php/Perl/AWB/IRC - For dividing the bots by their language (well, IRC and AWB aren't languages, but I don't care), as one day (I hope), we will have many scripts (one of this days I will definitively put here a real collection of bots).
- Other - For bots that don't fit in one of the previous categories.
If there is need for another, feel free to ping. I have imported [here] a couple of bots from around, mostly meta or enwiki.
I was thinking of some template like ExtensionMatrix on MediaWiki.org, but I haven't done anything in that direction yet.
So there's no format for scripts right now :)
- OK, so then if I want to put some stuff up, for now, just put it in the Perl: namespace and see how things develop?
Thanks for committing your script but, unfortunately, I don't know perl!! Yes, it's a pity :( By the way, it seems good! ^__^ Thanks again, --Filnik 14:18, 10 January 2008 (UTC) P.S. Thanks again also for your help on commons, I remember you with Filbot's issue ;)
Hi Lar, just wanted to let you know that we've got interwiki for enwiki links, if you prefer, see Special:Interwiki (we do support even redirect too, unlike onwiki). Snowolf how can I help? 20:06, 11 January 2008 (UTC)